For all your voting information go to:
Enter your address to find your polling place, create your personalized voters' guide and find everything you need to vote! With your personalized guide, you will:
- see everything that will be on your ballot,
- compare candidates' positions side-by-side,
- print out a personalized ballot with your choices to take with you on Election Day.
Registration Deadline: 30 Days Before the Election
- Register to vote online at the Ohio Secretary of State's website or the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections website.
- Register or update your registration at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Pick up a hard copy voter registration form at your local library,high school, city or county clerk’s office, or public assistance office.
- Request a hard copy voter registration form over the phone from your county Board of Elections.
- Download a form now (.pdf).
Voter Registration Requirements
To vote in Ohio, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election. (17-year-olds who will turn 18 by the date of the general election may vote in the primary election for candidates only);
- A resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election; and
- Registered to vote at least 30 days before the election.
In addition, eligible voters:
- Are not currently incarcerated for a felony conviction;
- Have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a court; and
- Have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of election laws.
In order to vote in any election, you must be registered to vote at least 30 days before the election. If you have recently moved to Ohio, you must file a new registration form.
Are you Registered?
To check your current voter registration status, visit the Ohio Secretary of State's website and supply your:
- last name
- street name
- zip code
After clicking on the Search button, you should see a list of all registered voters with the specified last name on the specified street. Click on the + sign to the left of a name to expand the listing to show Voter Address, Voter History, Precinct Name, and Polling Location Name and Address. (If you believe you are registered but do not find your name in the database, try using only the first few letters of your first or last name; sometimes errors are made entering voters' names into the system.)